Monday, November 16, 2009

October 25th - Socks With My Birkenstocks ...

I know I promised I wouldn't but I have a good reason, honest ...

The alternative title for this blog was 'I finally found the perfect weather' ... but I thought the Birkenstocks comment might be a little more entertaining ... but really, it is all about the weather ...

The rainy season with it's hot and muggy weather lasted about a week ... we had a couple of good thunderstorms ... I love the rain – it brings out the smells of the garden and clears the air – and if only it drowned rather than breeded the mosquitoes, would be quite perfect!

And then it turned into was has become my perfect dream weather ... gorgeous clear blue skies, day after day after day – crisp and energizing in the mornings, cool in the evenings and bright and warm (e.g. high 20s) during the day. Perfect for yoga in the morning, to sit and read/write in the afternoon and wonderful for sleep at night. Absolutely perfect. And the icing on the cake, these wonderful breezes (the wind is my favorite element – nature's air conditioner and perfect whether giving relief to the sun and the heat or whipping up a blustery storm that can push you along with it's power at the side of the ocean or in the middle of a field). I do realize I'm going on a bit rapturously (5 perfects so far) ... but after all my travels, especially in the warmer climates, I've become a bit of a connoisseur ... like the littlest of the three bears searching for the weather that is "juuussst right" - and this, for me is that :-)

And now the weather is continuing to change ... still fundamentally the same with the blue skies day after day, now just that little bit colder in the mornings and at night ... for the first time in over 4 months, I have been cold – yeah!!!! If I have to choose between too cold and too hot, I'll go with too cold – much easier to add a second or third layer (e.g. socks) than take off the first ... well I suppose it depends on the company :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love a woman who is confident enough to wear socks with her Birkenstocks ;-)

    ReplyDelete