Friday, November 13, 2009

October 13th - Anticipating Movies

I've been thinking about movies a fair bit recently – not counting my long haul flights, it has been three and a half months since I've been in a movie theater ... now that may not be a long time for you, but for me, it is starting to feel like forever! I love the movies – really, really, really love the movies!

On the other hand, I haven't given a thought to not seeing the seasons premier of Grays Anatomy – even though I've heard it mentioned frequently – one of Rajiv's favorite references ... “not everything is as simple or can be solved as easily as in Gray's Anatomy ...”. TV historically has been an escape for me - and also a way to almost 'fill up' my life at times ... but traveling, I haven't had the option - and I haven't missed it in the least - I've had things I've wanted to do more and bottom line, I haven't needed the 'noise' - my life's been full and not something I've needed to escape from – very cool indeed.

Movies, however, are different – and while I've thought of them less as I've settled in here, I still can't wait to go see a film when I get home. Yes, I love the movies and I think it is a sign that I'm getting ready to be home. Anticipation I think they call it ... it happened today in a different form as well. I'm sitting working away on emails and all of a sudden I think of something to add to my 'to do' list ... but this time it's a Vancouver to do ... normally, my lists are for when I'm next in London or preparing for my next trip ... but now, it is about what to do when I'm home and the things that are coming to mind all involve taking my life forward – and while I'm not necessarily any closer to knowing what that looks like, I'm looking forward to the process of discovering it – another very cool feeling and almost reassuring to be experiencing :-)

The good news is that I'm back in December – right in time for the release of all the 'Oscar' contenders as well as the damp and gray weather – perfect for a matinee ... all recommendations very welcome and let me know if you're free for a movie or two :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment